Sunday 8 April 2018

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge # 322 - results

Well, that fortnight certainly raced past! We've finally had a little bit of sunshine here - and it's so welcome after what seems to have been such a long Winter, albeit with some rain as well.

And, we have another lovely Guest Designer this fortnight - this time it's Elizabeth of The Silver Scrapper's Craft Space, and this is Elizabeth's card:
Oooh, I really do love this card - and it's very appropriate for the April showers we seem to have, with a bit of sunshine thrown in just to tease us. Great paper piecing! Do hop on over to her blog for more details and also to say hello!

This is what Elizabeth said about her card:

I’ve used the Make A Splash die, stencil and stamp set that came free with this month’s Papercraft Essentials magazine, Issue 158. I stamped the Wellingtons with a black ink pad on three different coloured spotty snippets and fussy cut them out. The three puddles were die-cut from snippets of aqua cardstock. There’s a tiny die for the raindrops – great for the teensiest weensiest snippets. The greeting was stamped, again with the black ink pad, on a scrap of white card stock, then trimmed down to size. To put it all together I started by positioning and gluing the middle puddle and the green and pink boots down. Next the left and right puddles were positioned in such a way that they just overlapped with the central puddle. The blue boots and the greeting were then attached with sticky fixers to give a bit of added dimension. Finally, I used some wet glue to position the raindrops fairly randomly.

I can’t say the idea was entirely mine – it was inspired by a slightly different version, with the boots coloured with markers and that includes a very cute duck, in the magazine – I just adapted it to use as many snippets of spotty paper as I could and now I have several more Wellies to make a few more cards.

And here's a bit about the lady herself, and such a lovely, happy photo too:
I got into card making through scrap booking because making pages created a lot of leftover scraps of paper. Making a card or two seemed a good way to use up all the leftovers, especially the snippets. The more snippets I created the more cards I made which led, eventually, to me joining in with Sunday Snippets – firstly hosted by Jules and now by you, Di. I also find it almost impossible to throw away any pretty card I receive so now up cycle many card fronts as toppers. Because of that, I have no special style – I’ll have a go at anything – but I do like using dies and, for my sins, own three die-cutting machines to date.

Thank you once again for being our Guest Designer for this fortnight Elizabeth - one of my very first followers! And having THREE die-cutting machines is just a tad unfair I think, sigh.

Onto this last fortnight's picks now:

First of all we have TWO Gold Star picks this time round:
I chose this card for two main reasons - firstly it's just perfect for Easter with such a great design, and secondly because it's a brilliant use of snippets by Carol L. I love all the little squares - and bet it took ages to make too! So you have another Gold Star to add to your collection Carol - terrific card.!

Our second Gold Star is another Easter card, made by Barb, and so clever! The very splendid bunny (love his bow!) is die cut from packaging, loads of texture and dimension there Barb and such a clever idea! Please take your Gold Star from the RH side bar.

And my other picks this fortnight are:
I picked this card, made by Heather, as it uses up loads of different snippets and it's so pretty. The added thing I thought might inspire some of you is how Heather has added a little tag, with the initial of the recipient on it. A lovely way to personalise a card, especially for an adult where you wouldn't necessarily want a whole name spelled out.

Megan brought this really pretty card to share with us - and it's a great reminder of the 'sunburst' technique, which is such a super way to use up snippets. Megan has a link to a tutorial over on her blog post if you want to have a play. It's good fun and gives lovely results.

And finally, Trina hopped in waving this utterly gorgeous card that she made as DT member over at 'Less is More'. It's a CASE for their latest challenge and, quite apart from the beautiful flowers and overall design, I chose it because of the sentiment. You really need to nip over the Trina's blog post for a closer look - the word 'thanks' is die cut from snippets of silver foil paper and black card - and then slightly offset to create a shadow effect. With the current trend of large die cut words it's a great technique to bear in mind.
 
We had no new Playmates this fortnight but numbers crept back up to 60 entries.

Prize draw time now and our winner of the Mama Elephant 'Favour Bag Accessory - Bear' die set is:

Well done Gail! Do please send me your address, with full name at the top so I can copy and paste - for speed and ease, and also because I don't keep addresses of previous winners.  I'll be off to the Post Office ASAP. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #323 HERE. The prize is a MFT 'Peek-a-boo' Window rectangle die, as well as the MFT 'Hog Heaven' stamp set if you want to play for both. You can play for one or the other as this is one of the few occasions when I will split a prize.

Love from the little white peril Parsnip - and of course me,





22 comments:

  1. Those are so nice projects.
    Congrats to all.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the gold stars picks reflect two of my favourite cards by my friends! :) So happy to see the wonderful cards from Carol and Barb!! Well done!
    Big congrats to all! There are always fabulous inspirations here!
    Congrats to the lucky winner, and welcome to the GD Elizabeth, too! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Di, many thanks for asking me to be your guest designer today. It gave me the opportunity to have a bit of fun shuffling through my scraps and deciding just what to do with a few of them. The cards you've showcased this week are so lovely - and inspirational ... I might just pinch a few ideas. Hugs and have a lovely Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Gail on your win, and thanks for adding my wild bunnies card to the gold star category along with Barb! The notables along with Elizabeth's make are all so inspirational and beautiful too! Well done everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, everyone! Congratulations to all winners! Your guest made a beautiful card too! Awesome snippet inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks and congrats to the Crafty Nomad on her win.

    Waving hello to Elizabeth . . . love her pretty April Showers card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Elizabeth on her GD spot - and what a lovely card! Love those cute little paper pieced boots.

    Love the picks this week and the Gold Star winners, all such super designs. Well done to Gail on her win. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see Elizabeth as GD this time and love the snippets of spotty paper on those sweet wellies, and the die cut splashy puddles look great too. Wonderful picks this week including the gold star ones, so an extra special congratulations to Carol and Barb, and well done to the other super creations too, and also Gail for winning the lovely dies. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards shared today, Di. Congrats to all. Wow on the gold stars cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh thank you so much, Di! I’m stretching that last piece of silver foil as best I can, but I really should just buy more. 😂
    Congratulations to:
    ... Elizabeth for GD and her beautiful project.
    ... gold star picks Carol and Barb with their amazing cards...
    ... and the other honourable picks Heather and Megan with their wonderful entries!

    Have a good night! Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card by Elizabeth, love those wellies.
    The two Gold star cards are brilliant too. Lovely choice of picks.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot to add that I have been singing "Just walking in the rain, getting soaking wet, torturing my heart , trying to forget. Now do you remember that one?
    K x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnny Ray? I was still waving my rattle around in my pram I think :) x

      Delete
  13. Hi Miss Di, a beautiful card from GD Elizabeth, love the bright colours she has used to paper piece her wellies. Congratulations to the Gold Star winners and thank you for picking out my card as one of the top picks, congratulations to the other ladies included as a top picks the fortnight too. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations to all the picks and winner! That rainboot card is so cute that I wouldn't even mind if it rained everyday...as long as I had darling boots like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card from Guest Designer Elizabeth, love those spotty Wellys! Wonderful gold stars and picks and congratulations to Gail! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to the winners with a great top pick!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's lovely to see Elizabeth as your Guest Designer and her spotty wellies card is lovely.

    Thank you for the Gold star. What a lovely surprise and Congratulations to Carol for her beautiful Gold Star card. Congratulations to your top pick girls and to Gail on her win. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I'm so late here Di...life got in the way. Well done to all and lovely to see Elizabeth guest designing with her delightful card. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bunny cards and oh my goodness I am hopping with joy to be the lucky winner and what a fab prize to win. Thanks Di. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful choices, congrats to everyone showcased here and Gail for winning the price! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.