Saturday 19 July 2014

Saturday Supper - Warm Pak Choi, prawn and lentil salad

It's been a while since I posted a recipe, this one is just perfect for the current warm Summer evenings we have here:
Warm Pak Choi, prawn and lentil salad

Serves 4

180g cooked large king prawns
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
30g pack fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 limes, zest and juice of 1, and 1 cut into wedges
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp runny honey
2 x 410g tins green lentils, drained and rinsed
2 x ripe and ready to eat avocados, peeled, stones removed and sliced
200g pack radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 small heads of Pak Choi, ends trimmed

Put the prawns, ½ the chopped chilli, ½ the coriander, the zest of 1 lime and ½ the juice in a bowl. Stir together gently and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.

In a separate bowl, mix the soy sauce, remaining chilli and coriander (reserving some to garnish), honey and the remaining lime juice together.

Put the lentils, sliced avocados and radishes in a large bowl, then stir through the soy dressing.

Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan, then stir-fry the pak choi for 1-2 minutes until just wilted. Add the prawns along with the marinade for a minute to heat through.

Divide the lentil salad between 4 bowls, top with the prawns and pak choi and serve garnished with the remaining coriander.

Things I do: For a start, I forgot to sprinkle some chopped coriander over the salad before taking the photo :) But, on a more serious note, yet again I think this recipe needed adjustment - either we're very piggy or there is a serious under estimate of the amount of prawns.

I doubled the quantity of prawns and halved the amount of all the other ingredients, as this was a meal for two. And it was just right! Had also prepared some Thai fragrant rice in advance and left it keeping warm - a perfectly delicious meal and (apart from the preparation of course) it all comes together really fast.

Enjoy!

Di
x

11 comments:

  1. Some of the ingredients are unfamiliar to me, but the picture looks delicious and the recipe sounds yummy. We're rather piggy at our house too, if it's something we like!! Glad you had a nice cool meal during the hot weather. Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are defo very piggy as I would have had to double the prawns as well.
    It looks delicious and sounds yummy too. DH should not have shellfish anymore as he has diabetes...he has a prawn every now and again...bad boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di this looks absolutely delic something I would love to try

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that looks scrummy Di, I'll have a go with the recipe this evening. I was just picking a japanese lettuce from my lot and thinking what to make of it. It reminds slightly of Pak Choi in taste, I'll defo double the prawns. Thank you for sharing!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds and looks delicious. Me knows where you lives too. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum, this looks delicious Di. I would love this but hubby is not so keen on prawns or avocado. I often add it to a salad because it has vitamin E, but he always says it's a waste of time as it has no taste, but personally I think it has a nice nutty flavour. Perhaps I will make it for myself sometime. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mouth is watering! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely this Di and so mouth watering xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks yummy, Di and just my kind of thing.
    Right now I am 'trying' to eat more Paleo (like a caveman) ha ha! So, I will give this a go without the lentils and up the prawn quantities like you did.
    Let me know if you try the pomegranate salad. I know a lot of people aren't a fan of fruit in their food, but we love it. Today I'm putting up a mango salad so check that one out too.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks and sounds delicious Di, though I rather think I will never get round to making it ... DH isn't all that fond of prawns unfortunately. Thanks for commenting on my flowers today. I'm still chuckling over the idea of us going for Diamond ... Alan would be 107 which I suppose, the way folk are living so much longer these days, is just about possible :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's not nice. Lunchtime is nowhere near and you're posting scrumptious food!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.