Thursday 5 June 2014

let it snow...let it snow...let it snow and a neat little trick to try

The current challenge over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is '3 of something'. I went through all options, three cards, three Wise Men, three colours - than I remembered a pre-loved stamp with three 'snow people' I bought fairly recently. And this card (two exactly the same in fact) was born:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white scalloped edge card blank

- pale blue backing card

- Kraft coloured 'snowflakes' backing paper from LOTV's 'Krafty Christmas' paper pad

- Penny Black 'Snow Family' stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and coloured with Pro Markers. Then die cut using a Nesties Labels Eighteen die and popped onto a pale blue backing, made by drawing round the outside of the die and just hand cutting

- the sentiment is an Elzybells stamp, stamped using SU's 'Bashful Blue' (which shows up much better in real life) then mounted onto a strip of pale blue card and finished off with a coffee coloured pearl at either end

- then I just added some little dots of 'White Opal' Liquid Pearls around the image

And here's a great little trick. I only found it online recently and can't recall where otherwise I'd give credit 'cos it works a treat! I know it's probably the way I do it, although I have read that some newer pearl liquids are much better at 'settling' and mine are pretty ancient, but I always seem to end up with little 'peaks' - sigh. The trick however is as soon as you've finished applying the liquid pearls, just lightly tap the card on your desk (facing upwards of course!!), it 'settles' those little peaks beautifully :)

And this card is also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra of course.

Di
x

22 comments:

  1. This snowpeople trio is adorable, Di! Another great Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to try your tip about the peaks...to make things peakless. I love this card with the kraft and white background and the blue in your snowpeople. It's Totally Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to try that tip...makes sense to me and sounds so logical it makes one wonder how we never thought of it too!!! lol

    What a soft and pretty looking card. I really like these colours together.
    The background paper is so lovely and so suits the adorable snowmen!

    Hope your back is settled down and all is well with you. Hope Spike is being a good little boy and being quiet at night!

    We are off an a getaway for a couple of days...it will feel good to get away and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Di . . . loving this sweet snowmen card. So sweet the way u gave them rosy cheeks!

    I know yr tapping tip works well . . . I saw it somewhere a while back and been using it ever since x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Di. Love the cheeky little chaps. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sweet card, pretty colours and lovely image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and a great tip Di. My liquid pearls are quite old and go "pointy" so will try that next time I get them out of hiding!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di

    Gorgeous Christmas card .. .. your stocks must be mounting up now!!

    Love the colour combo.

    I read a similar tip to that somewhere and they simply flicked the underside of the card with their thumb and middle finger .. lovely to find these little tips isn't it!

    Hope you are having a good week and your back is starting to improve.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LoVe keeping track of your growing collection of Christmas cards and already thinking I should be following your example! Those *s*n*o*w*men are just adorable. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab Christmas Card Di! You're putting me to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card Di, I love those little snowfolk and the gorgeous colour combo.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your little snow people. They look so cosy all wrapped up. i must admit I rarely use my liquid pearls except my red ones for holly berries, but I will remember your tip next time I do. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet snowman card! And thank you for the tip with the Liquid Pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Di I have that stamp and I absolutely love it! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooooh Di....So beautiful and so much talent ....your image and colouring is absolutely stunning as is the layout of your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read that trick too . Wot I wanna know is how'd yer get yer Blobbies all Der same size den!!! Cute little fellows . Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those little snow people are the cutest ever, and I love all the soft colors!! Simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very sweet, I do love craft with practically any other colour. I worry about those liquid pearl "nipples", but as mine is a newer bottle it does settle when dry, sometimes a bit too much.

    HUgs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your little snowmen are adorable and I love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely snow family, Di. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges and our Completely Christmas 14 with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card, love the colours and the snowmen are adorable
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.